You are here:
Holidays > Birthday > Birthday Facts
Date of Birthdays:
Birthdays are always celebrated on the anniversary of the person's birth.
Reason We Celebrate Birthdays:
Birthday parties came about because in Europe many years ago, it was thought that evil spirits were attracted to people on their birthday, so people would bring them good wishes to keep them away.
More information about Birthdays:
How Birthdays are Celebrated Around the World
How We Celebrate Birthdays:
- Throw a birthday party for the person that friends and family attend. Birthday parties usually have games and entertainment. Printable Birthday Party Invitations
- Fix their favorite meal on their birthday.
- Have a birthday cake with candles on each for the person to blow out. Traditionally there is one candle for every year plus one for good luck.
- Treat the person special, such as not having the birthday person do any chores on their day.
- Give a gift to the birthday person.
- Send a greeting card to the person on their special day. It can be a printed card or a Birthday eCard.