Games & Puzzles - Internet Family Fun
Moms, Dads, and The Kids, Having Fun, While Surfing The Net Together
6. This kind of Internet connection is much faster than dial up Internet access. You can also watch tv on it. (Cable)
8. A program that you use to view pages on the Internet. (ie Netscape) (Browser)
9. Microsoft's Internet Explorer.
10. Abbreviation for Internet Service Provider. (ISP)
12. When you create a home on the Web, you create a home page. This term is also used for your starting page when you open your browser.
13. When you send a letter to someone, you email them.
14. When you leave a message on a bulletin board, you post it.
15. A file or program that can be uploaded to your computer from the Internet or disk. This file or program is uploaded without your knowledge and is intended to do damage to your computer. (virus)
16. One of the major browsers, that is used on the Internet. (not Internet Explorer).(Netscape)
2. Programs that make your computer do something is called software.
3. WWW stands for the World Wide Web .
5. A program that performs keyword searches for information on the Internet. (search engine)
7. Rules or manners for interacting courteously with others online. netiquette
8. In Netscape, when you save the address to a page, it is called a bookmark.
11. Abbreviation for Uniform Resource Locator, which is an address on the World Wide Web. (URL)